Hello! Thank you for visiting marissaadamsbooks.com. Below, I’ll outline what sort of information I collect about you and how I use it.
Information I collect
- Information you provide to me
I collect information such as your name, website, information found in comments, e-mail address, posts you like, or anything else you provide to me. This might be done through comments on my website or by using my contact page and e-mailing me. Note: While I do my best to maintain the confidentiality and security of your information, I will not be held responsible for any information leaks or security hacks.
Please note that information that you choose to make public is disclosed publicly. For instance, comments on my website will be made public after I approve them. If you wish to write privately to me, please use my contact page.
- Information WordPress provides to me
How I use this information
I use this information to:
- Respond accordingly. If you email or comment, I will reply, using the information you gave me to do so (eg. use your email address to reply, use the information found in comments or emails to answer questions, etc.).
- Improve my website. If I find that no one is visiting a particular page, engaging with particular types of posts, etc. I will attempt to improve my content.
- To maintain safety. If I find that your comments contain offensive, indecent, objectionable, or fraudulent content, I will delete the comment and possibly block you. For more information, please see my Terms of Service.
- To fulfill my legal obligations. I may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To protect rights, property, and others. I may disclose information about you when I believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of third parties, the public at large, or myself. For example, if I have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, I may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- To post/share with your consent. There may come a time when I choose to post information relating to you (for instance, a review, a comment, part of an e-mail), however THIS WILL ONLY BE DONE WITH YOUR EXPRESS CONSENT UNLESS THE INFORMATION IS GENERIC. (eg. I will not post the exact words you have said nor state your name/username, but may state that I received positive feedback from a reader).
Selling Your Information
I will NEVER sell your information. I’m not a data broker, I don’t sell your personal information to data brokers, and I don’t sell your information to other companies that want to spam you with marketing emails.
If you are located in certain parts of the world, including California and countries that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, like the right to request access to or deletion of your data.
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the GDPR, data protection laws give you certain rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our my and processing of your personal data;
- Request that I limit my use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires me to provide California residents with some additional information about the categories of personal information I collect, where I get that personal information, and how and why I use it.
The CCPA also requires me to provide a list of the “categories” of personal information I collect, as that term is defined in the law. In the last 12 months, I collected the following categories of personal information from California residents, depending on the Services used:
- Identifiers (like your name, contact information, and device and online identifiers);
- Characteristics protected by law (for example, you might provide your gender as part of a research survey for me);
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as the actions you take while on my WordPress.com site);
- General geolocation data (such as your location based on your IP address);
- Audio, electronic, visual or similar information (such as your profile picture, if you uploaded one).
I collect personal information for the purposes described in the How I use this information section.
If you are a California resident, you have additional rights under the CCPA, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the right to:
- Request to know the categories of personal information I collect, the categories of business or commercial purpose for collecting and using it, the categories of sources from which the information came, and the specific pieces of information I collect about you;
- Request deletion of personal information I collect or maintain;
- Not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Contacting Me About These Rights
Always be aware of what personal information you are giving out.
Thank you for reading and I hope the rest of your day/night/eventide is pleasant!