Please read these Terms carefully before accessing or using my site. By accessing or using any part of my site, you agree to be bound by all of the Terms and all other operating rules, policies, and procedures that I may publish via the Services from time to time (collectively, the “Agreement”). You also agree that I may automatically change, update, or add on to my Services, and this Agreement will apply to any changes.
You’re solely responsible and liable for all activity under your account. You’re also fully responsible for maintaining the security of your account (which includes keeping your password secure). I’m not liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of your acts or omissions.
Minimum Age Requirements
My site is not directed to children. You’re not allowed to access or use my site if you’re under the age of 13 (or 16 in Europe). If you use my site, you represent that you’re at least 13 (or 16 in Europe). You may use my site only if you can legally form a binding contract with me. In other words, if you’re under 18 years of age (or the legal age of majority where you live), you can only use my site under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to the Agreement.
I’m not responsible for any use or effects of third-party websites. So, for example:
- I don’t have any control over third-party websites.
- A link to or from my site does not represent or imply that I endorse any third-party website.
- I’m not responsible for any harm resulting from anyone’s access, use, purchase, or downloading of Content, or for any harm resulting from third-party websites. You’re responsible for taking the necessary precautions to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content.
- Any Content that’s for sale through any of my Services is the seller’s sole responsibility, so you must look solely to the seller for any damages that result from your purchase or use of Content.
Please note that additional third-party terms and conditions may apply to Content you download, copy, purchase, or use.
I love hearing from you! When you share comments, ideas, or feedback with me, you agree that I’m free to use them without any restriction or compensation to you.
General Representation and Warranty
In particular, you represent and warrant that your use of my site:
- Will be in strict accordance with the Agreement;
- Will comply with all applicable laws and regulations (including, without limitation, all applicable laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content, privacy, data protection, the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside, the use or provision of financial services, notification and consumer protection, unfair competition, and false advertising);
- Will not be for any unlawful purposes, to publish illegal content, or in furtherance of illegal activities;
- Will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of me, WordPress, or any third party;
- Will not disclose the personal information of others;
- Will not be used to send spam or bulk unsolicited messages;
- Will not interfere with, disrupt, or attack any service or network;
- Will not be used to create, distribute, or enable material that is, facilitates, or operates in conjunction with, malware, spyware, adware, or other malicious programs or code;
- Will not involve reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, deciphering, or otherwise attempting to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source; and
- Will not involve renting, leasing, loaning, selling, or reselling the Services or related data without our consent.
What I ask for is pretty simple.
- Be polite. No name calling, hating, or any type of rude behavior to me or commenters. Discussion and/or debate is allowed, but must be in a civil manner.
- Don’t be spammy. Linking to your own website at the end of a comment or sharing your website when you message me are both fine, but please don’t continuously post about your own website or books unless asked by me or a commenter.
- Don’t do anything illegal. Don’t post links to places with illegal downloads, don’t try any funny business like hacking or reverse engineering, don’t do anything that you wouldn’t want people to know that it was YOU doing it.
- Don’t post private information. Let other people share what they want about themselves.
If any time I feel you are breaking these rules or being a jerk in another way, I will not approve your comment, and will block you if necessary. If it seems to be a one-time thing or a mistake, I may choose to contact you instead, requesting your future adjustments. Failure to do so will result in blocking.
I really don’t want to have to do that though, so please, be nice. 🙂